RISE Program at Judson
Road to Independent Living, Spiritual Formation and Employment
RISE to the Challenge and Join Us! Are you looking for a unique opportunity for a post-secondary education for you or a loved one who has an intellectual disability? Through the RISE Program, we give students with intellectual disabilities the college life experience in a Christian community and build upon strengths for independent living and customized employment.
Visit UsContact UsApply Now
Students (18-25 years) with:
- Intellectual disabilities
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Practical reading and writing skills
- The desire to learn while living in a residential college environment with traditional students
The RISE Program Includes:
- Person-centered planning
- Career-oriented curriculum
- Internships and employment opportunities that match skills and interests
- Dorm-style living with traditional students
- Purposeful integration into the campus community
- Support from qualified student mentors
- A Certificate of Completion for students
The RISE Program takes place at Judson University, a Christian liberal arts university in Elgin, Ill. Our campus is small, safe and gives students the opportunity to experience chapel three times a week, and participate in spiritual formation groups, athletic events, music and theater events, social events and more.
Cohorts are two years, begin in late August and follow the typical academic year. Cost and financial aid details can be found on the RISE Tuition and Fees page.
January 31, 2017
First Cohort Begins
RISE Preview Days
Visit us, tour campus, and get an overview during a special RISE Campus Preview Day on October 3, November 14 or January 13.
Donate to RISE
If you wish to make a donation to help support the RISE program, click on the donate button below and choose "Department > RISE Program" when designating your gift. Thanks in advance for your support!
News and Press
For a list of common questions, please download our Frequently Asked Questions document. For more information about the RISE program, contact: