Transfer to Judson | Judson University Christian College

Transfer Students

We take great care of our transfer students at Judson!Transfer

If you decide to transfer to Judson, you will not be alone in your decision. More than one-third of our new students each year are transfers.

In addition to the standard application process, interested transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended to the Judson University Registrar. Students transferring courses from institutions outside of the U.S. must submit an official World Evaluation Services (W.E.S.) or American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) evaluation. For more information, see the Catalog page.

Once accepted to Judson University, transfer work will be evaluated. Most college level courses earning a grade of C- or better will transfer from a regionally accredited college and/or university. Courses taken through an unaccredited college will be reviewed by the Registrar. Remedial courses and courses vocational or technical in nature will not transfer. The University reserves the right to accept only courses that are equivalent in content and objectives to those offered at Judson.

A maximum number of 66 lower division credit hours may transfer to Judson. Courses taken at a two-year college will not satisfy Judson’s upper division requirement. Grades for transfer courses are calculated in the summary GPA for determining qualification for graduation with honors, class rank, the honors programs, and athletic eligibility. A minimum of 40 percent of major coursework must be completed at Judson. A minimum of 40 percent of the major must be in courses at the 300 level or above.

Transferring from a college in Illinois?

Judson is part of the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) which makes transferring from other IAI participating universities and community colleges quick and easy. Fill out the Illinois Articulation Initiative's General Education Course Curriculum Worksheet to see how courses you have completed at your current college fulfill our general education requirements. If your college is not listed, feel free to contact the Admissions Office, and we can help with your transfer questions.

How to Apply

Applications are considered on a rolling basis throughout the year. If you are ready to apply, please follow the process for traditional undergraduate students. After submitting your application online, ask your previous college(s) to send us your transcripts. We will contact you once we have received your application and transcripts.

Judson University, Shaping Lives that Shape the World