The Judson Prep program allows high school junior or senior students to earn up to a total of 24 hours of college credit and, in most cases, allows students to earn high school credit at the same time. This program is a privilege exclusively for students who meet the criteria below.
In order for a student to be admitted to the Prep Program, he/she must meet all of the following criteria:
- Complete and send in an application for admission form.The application fee will be waived for prep program students.
- Complete at least four (4) semesters of high school. He/she must be at a junior or senior level in high school.
- Minimum of 3.25 GPA.
- Must be in the upper 10% of their class.
- Sign the Judson University Lifestyle Statement.
- Submit official ACT scores (if available). Scores can be ordered through ACT at www.act.org. If a student has not taken the ACT and plans on taking english, math or history, the student will be required to take Judson University's English and Math placement tests.
- Submit official High School transcript and official college transcript (if applicable).
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Who Is Eligible for the Program?
Students who have completed the criteria listed above are eligible for the Prep Program. Out of state students are eligible for the program if they have taken the ACT and are planning on taking approved online courses with the university. Please contact Erin gunville at 847-628-2519 or at Erin.Gunville@judsonu.edu for more information.
What Courses Are Available?
Prep Program students can take a variety of 100 and 200 level courses (some courses require instructor approval or have prerequisites). Course offerings can be found by clicking here on MyJudson. The Prep Program Coordinator will help students choose courses after they are accepted into the program.
Please go to the Financial Information section to view costs associated with this program*. Payment is due two weeks before the beginning of the semester. Students will also be responsible for any fees associated with their courses and the cost of books.
No scholarships or financial aid is available for the Prep Program.
Requests for admission or questions regarding the Prep Program should be directed to Erin Gunville, Prep Program Coordinator at 847-628-2519, Erin.Gunville@judsonu.edu.
*Charges are subject to change.